Tips for Selecting Retirement Gifts
A retirement celebration is one of the large milestones in a person’s life. Planning an event to celebrate employee years of service is a perfect opportunity to express appreciation for each retiree’s loyalty and contributions to your organization. Likewise employees typically reciprocate by expressing their own appreciation to their co-workers and supervisors for furthering their career and aspirations.
With that being said, buying a retirement gift for someone important within your organization can be an arduous task.
Here are tips to selecting retirement gifts:
- Do they have any hobbies that you know of? Perhaps they play golf or tennis or love to cook? A gift related to a hobby is a great gift that will be used to have fun.
- Are you acquainted with their spouse or good friends? They might lend clues about what gift the retiree might enjoy the most.
- Is this retirement a planned one? It’s not unusual that employees are forced to retire for business or medical reasons. So unfortunately, a retirement isn’t always the happy occasion they had anticipated.
- Try to avoid gag gifts for a retirement party. What may be intended as a “fun” gift may be interpreted as being in bad taste. Be aware that gifts that relate to age or living a leisurely lifestyle may not be well-received.
- Are there other staff who would enjoy participating in the retirement celebration? If so, co-workers may enjoy pooling their funds for a group gift toward an expensive item.
- Include a handwritten note to further convey your heartfelt acknowledgement of their service to your organization. Or ask fellow co-workers to each sign the card for an added personal remembrance.
Our experienced staff will help you give a retirement gift that will be remembered long after the candles on the retirement cake have been blown out. Smart Gift Plans offers options for retirement gifts whether you select a gift specifically for the retiree or prefer to present an award gift certificate so the retiree has the opportunity to choose a gift for themselves. It’s a great way to ensure the gift will be used and appreciated for years to come rather than sit hidden in a drawer.
Smart Gift Plans has assembled an impressive gift selection of brand name merchandise offered in 15 price categories from $25 to $4,000 with gift redemption possible either via a hard copy gift booklet or utilizing our on-line catalog, updated daily. Our gifts and awards include over 800 name brands gifts (Black & Decker, Trek, Nikon, Magnavox, Geneva, Philips, etc.) appropriate for each and every member of your staff regardless of their hobbies and lifestyle. Gifts can be ordered using a hard copy gift booklet or our on-line catalog, updated daily. Your recipient will receive a gift certificate plus gift booklet, allowing them to select the gift of their choice. We’ll be glad to include a FREE greeting card to be imprinted with a corporate logo and sentiment or left blank for a personal handwritten message.
Make selecting retirement gifts hassle-free! Just contact Smart Gift Plans at 800-734-5153 today.